Wednesday, March 15, 2017

#787 YATMING - TOYOTA CROWN and DODGE (No. 1055 and 1056) (Around 1978)


I owned these two cars since around 25 years. At the time, they were quite exotic, because I didn´t have many miniature Dodges or Toyotas, and these brands were not yet very popular in Europe. The models were also completely unknown, they were never available in Spain, and I never saw them even in specialized press or TV.


They are bulky models with metallic base and both have consecutive reference numbers. I can´t recall now if I got both at the same time or one after the other. Note also that the base has some kind of rust, or imperfection that has been always there. It doesn’t disturb me, as long as it remains like it is now.

The Toyota Crown is the grey model, as you can guess from its decoration, while the Dogde is the white model. In this case the decoration says only "Dodge" and "Happy Driving".
Both have some chromed parts and nice interiors. I would say they were quite good at the time compared with their competitors from Europe and the U.S.A. more or less the same quality level at this point.



FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: TOYOTA CROWN and DODGE (No. 1055 and 1056)
  • Scale: Around 1:64
  • Year: Around 1978
  • Company: Yatming (Hong Kong)
  • Size: approx. 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment