Tuesday, January 31, 2017

#771 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER – UNIDENTIFIED TOY BOAT (Around 1987)


MONTH OF THE UNKNOWN

I have a few interesting toys that I have been collecting over the years from which I know nothing at all. They cannot be identified since they have no manufacture marking. Despite searching the internet, I couldn´t find anything about them, so I changed my mind, and thought it may be better if I publish them now, and people reading this could help me identifying them.

There will be 11 toys (all 11 entries from January 2017), but I warn you: it is not an easy task to identify them. Are you ready for this challenge?

If I get hints and information, I´ll be updating the posts to add information about them. Thanks!
 
If you like the challenge, there are other toys in this blog waiting to be identified, click here to see all unidentified toys.
 
 
To finish this month, I had to look deep into my pictures which have not been published yet to find an unidentified toy. Finally I found this uninteresting boat (I have another one, but it is not complete, so I am not showing it).
 
It was made in Italy, and its logo resembles a “V” letter inside a square/trapezoid. I have been looking for the manufacturer, I even asked plastic toy experts for help, but I guess only somebody from Italy could identify it, since it was probably made by a small company producing novelty toys. Any ideas?
 
The toy is made of two pieces, although the other one I mentioned had more (it is a rowing boat with four holes to fit two rows and maybe a plastic figure or a flag or something else.
Both actually float.
 
Additional information: Bought in bigger lot that included figures from the late 80s. Bought in Austria.
 
 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: UNIDENTIFIED PLASTIC BOAT
  • Year: Around  1987
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer (Italy)
  • Size: approx. 12 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment