Thursday, June 16, 2016

#689 TRANSFORMERS – MICROMASTERS HOT ROD PATROL (1990)


This Micromasters squad comprises 4 “Hot Rod” cars. This type of cars are really interesting, I am curious about them, since I never saw any. I guess it is something you can just find in America.


The four small robots are (left to right) Big Daddy, Trip-Up, Greaser and Hubs. As you notice fom the pictures, I have the card and three of these Micromasters are still attached to the card inside the blister, while one was removed by its previous owner. I bought first the card with the three cars at a flea market, and then I found the fourth robot on eBay. It took me a while to complete this squad.







It is also the first 1990 Micromaster’s patrol I complete. Previously I showed sets fom 1989 an 1988, but those from 1990 are somehow more scarce and also more fragile, since they contain small parts (for example propellers, tow hooks, tank guns…) which are easily lost. Finding the other sets complete is usually a difficult task (considering you are not willing to pay a lot of money, of course). Notice the other two squads depicted at the back card.


And this time, I do not have to copy/paste the filecard of the robot patrol, because I can publish a picture instead. I always like that Hasbro/Takara included “how good” each character was in different categories, like speed, intelligence and so on. I like even more, when that data is somewhat hidden and you need a piece of red transparent plastic to read the stats. In this case you can read it plain, and has not such a high impact as the “secret” stats.


UPDATE 1 (Feb/2022):

I got a second set of the Hot Rod Patrol, loose, so I can now offer some special pictures of the group.





FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: MICROMASTERS HOT ROD PATROL
  • Toy Line: TRANSFORMERS (G1)
  • Year: 1990
  • Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: Around 5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment