Saturday, June 4, 2016

#685 MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE – KING HISS AND TUNG LASHOR (1986)


I don’t know if you, MOTU collector, had access as a kid to all the cartoons, comic books and stuff. I personally didn’t, so the concept of the Snake Men was a bit strange to me. One of my first figures was Kobra Khan, who is himself a Snake Man and a friend of Skeletor, so when more Snake Men were made I was a bit confused. Who are they? Are they friends of Skeletor or not? Sometimes the concept of having more than two factions (good guys vs. bad guys) can be a bit confusing.

I got only Rattlor as a kid, and it was one of my favorite figures, because it had the coolest feature among all I had. Of course I knew the rest from the catalogues, and like also King Hiss very much.


Later, I knew that the Snake Men are kind of evil race that tried to conquer Eternia and failed. They made the Snake Mountain, and during war with Eternia, they were set away to a kind of parallel universe, where they were trapped. According to the story Kobra Khan remained in Eternia, and, when Skeletor later freed King Hiss, he was some kind of link between both leaders. They of course soon agree to destroy He-Man and take over Eternia. They free the rest of the Snake Men and prepare for the fight, release the Eternia towers (yes, the same from the huge Playset) from the earth (they were buried). Of course He-Man will succeed, but there are lots of fun in the process.



These two figures today are King Hiss and Tung Lashor. I like the feature from the first one, that comes with a second, human-like skin that reveals its true nature. The figure came with the classic Snake Men staff in green and a red shield, which is rare to find.

From Tung Lashor I love its design, The head resembles a toad, the hands are very peculiar and its feature is also not bad… This figure came with the same staff in purple and some kind of insect crossbow.



Two great figures!
Another entry in this blog dealt with Snake Face (check here: #289).
FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: KING HISS (Ref. 2420) and TUNG LASHOR (Ref. 2331)
  • Toy Line: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE (Wave 5)
  • Year: 1986
  • Company: Mattel (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: Around 14 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment