Monday, December 28, 2015

#627 DANONE – 4 COCHES FUERA DE SERIE (DIE-CAST PROMOTIONAL VEHICLES) (1996)


This is a extremely rare set. I got it in 1996 by collecting yogurt lids, cannot exactly remember how many, but it was not easy. The vehicles were depicted in Yogurt 8-packs and they looked really great. I had to get them at any cost.

So, when I received the packet I was completely disappointed. The box came in this white cardboard box, and inside, there was another cardboard box with windows and the four models inside. The quality of the models is low, or rather low... very badly finished, no interiors, rough edges... and even fragile. The motorbike model breaks easily. At the back of the box, you can read that this is a collectable, but not a toy.


The box is also very fragile: the cardboard is very thin and windows break easily, because they are also really thin. That´s why I guess there are not many sets like mine out there. I always kept it in the protective white cardboard box, and took it out of it maybe 2 times in 20 years: the day I received it and the day I took these pictures.


All in all, extremely rare collectibles, surely appeals many die-cast collectors. The four cars are reproductions of Danone´s delivery cars, trucks or motorbikes from different years/decades.

Ford A 1930

Derbi 1953

 Sava 1962

Trimak 1966

FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: 4 COCHES FUERA DE SERIE
  • Scale: Several scales: 1:24 1:64, 1:100
  • Year: 1996
  • Company: Danone (France), Iberpromo Group (Spain)
  • Size: approx. 6 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment