Sunday, December 20, 2015

#624 G.I. JOE - BATTLE COPTER with INTERROGATOR (1991)


My latest G.I.Joe acquisition since a long time is this vehicle from 1991. Not one of the most sought-after, but it includes one of the most celebrated figures ever: Interrogator.


This Cobra character is usually among collector´s favorites. The figure has a great design and dark colours, with an outfit that slightly reminds of a nazi officer or something similar. The head sculpt is also great, as well as the concept of a high ranked Cobra guy who is an expert in getting information out of captured Joes. The figure came with a very particular pistol with several "tentacles" on the tip.

The figure is still in its original package, and includes the 3 filecards (English, Spanish, Italian).


The vehicle was manufactured in Spain and packaged in the often referred as "Euro" package, written in 3 languages (English, Spanish and Italian). I cannot remember if I already talked about G.I.Joe Vehicles´ boxes, but note that the front has a great illustration of the vehicle with Interrogator, while on the back there is a picture of the actual toy. I always liked the way this picture is labelled, with the explanation of several parts/features.


The vehicle itself is quite fun (I have a second one) but still too few "plastic" to be sold by itself. I think that is why they had to include figures with the Battle Copters. This toy has a "twin" vehicle released with a G.I.Joe figure (Major Altitude) in slightly different colours. The next year (1992, Series 11), there would still two new variants including Heli-Viper and Ace. These are much rarer than the first two. Considering this, we can say, that this vehicle had the most "versions", since it was released 4 times with exactly the same cast.



FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: BATTLE COPTER with INTERROGATOR
  • Toy Line: G.I. Joe (Wave 10)
  • Year: 1991
  • Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 9,5 cm (3 3/4'')

No comments:

Post a Comment