Sunday, August 16, 2015

#579 THE CORPS! – WAVE 3 (V): LIGHTNING MOBUTU, SENSEI KABUTO and STEVE WYOMING (1992)

From the six figures we were talking about in the last entry, I still wanted to comment three.
  • Brickwall
  • Crusher McCloskey
  • Hat Trick Lemonde
  • Lightning Mobutu
  • Sensei Kabuto
  • Steve Wyoming

LIGHTNING MOBUTU - Probably the most iconic of this six figures, since it appeared in the artwork of some blister cards. I love the colourful uniform constrasting with the black skin of the character. This figure has again great sculpt details, especially head and trousers. I would say it is/was the fashion of the early 90s. He might be wearing some kind of augmented reality glasses, maybe the first version of Google Glass? :)


SENSEI KABUTO - This is another of my favorite figures, it represents some kickboxer or martial artist, and looks really cool: black trousers, orange details in sculpt, and naked torso. Head has some protection for fighting, which might be impractical for real war.


Found on: https://www.joeaday.com/sensei-kabuto-lanard-corps/
STEVE WYOMING - As said in the previous entry, Steve Wyoming is one of my least favorite figures, I find that helmet quite boring, especially considering his naked torso... Head is perfectly protected, but shoot me a little bit lower. The colour combination of skin-red and grey/silver helmet leaves me indifferent. This figure appears also very often in the packages’ artwork.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: LIGHTNING MOBUTU, SENSEI KABUTO and STEVE WYOMING.
  • Toy Line: the Corps! (wave 3)
  • Year: 1992
  • Company: Lanard (Hong-Kong)
  • Size of the figure: 3 ½¨ or 8 cms.

2 comments:

  1. I have some O-ring CORPS and Star CORPS stuff. They are very nice, but, like the ads say, "Only GI Joe is GI Joe!" And the new CORPS toys are terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I don't like the new ones at all, but the old ones are great. They were a cheap alternative to G.I.Joe, so Hasbro had to somehow protect their toylines.

      Delete