Tuesday, September 17, 2013

#326 SCHMIDT SPIELE - (REAL) GHOSTBUSTERS QUARTETT (03166) (Around 1985)


I returned from my holidays just a few days ago, and I am writing the last articles just one or two days before they're published. I am quite busy this week, and after a very long article, you'll have to forsake me if I write just a short one.

This card deck was made in Germany around 1985. That year, the Real Ghostbusters were already quite popular and even had an own weekly comic book, published by Bastei, so it doesn't surprise me, that they also had a deck of quarett cards. In this blog we already talked about Schmidt Spiele.

The cards seem to have been made in a hurry, since the drawings are quite simple (no backgrounds) and most of them are just ghosts. From the 8 families, the first one are the four members of the group: Winston, Egon, Peter and Ray, the second family are the headquarters, Janine, the Ecto-1 and a "group picture". In the third family, we can recognise Marshmallow Man and Slimer, but the other two are not recognisable (at least for me!), maybe some die-hard fans of the cartoons can recognise them...


The same applies to the 5 families that follow.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: (REAL) GHOSTBUSTERS QUARTETT (Ref. 03166)
  • Year: Around 1985
  • Company: Schmidt Spiele (Germany)

No comments:

Post a Comment