Sunday, July 14, 2013

#303 TOMICA – TOYOTA 2000GT “LAST 2000GT” (No. 5) (1974)




This is a car I got many years ago in a flea market. It is not in its best shape: has a couple of paint chips, and is missing one piece of metal left of the front windshield. However, its decoration is quite intriguing; this can be read on the bonnet of the car:

TOMICA
NO. 5
TOYOTA 2000GT
‘’70 ~ 80’’
3,000,000
LAST 2000GT


I didn’t pay much attention to this until a few months ago, and I started looking for information on the internet. I just found one reference for it: http://miniaturecardays.blog6.fc2.com/blog-date-200711.html

The blog is written in Japanese, and using an online translator I could understand much. Apparently, the guy found the car in a thrift shop, and doesn’t know anything about it. The guy who commented has also never seen it, and they both think it is a rarity. I wanted to leave a comment, but the Japanese captcha was too much for me.


This car could be a (very) limited released from year 1980 when the model was discontinued. The car was sold over 3,000,000 times, so Tomica maybe wanted to pay homage for the good business.

If you know more about this ultra rare Tomica, please let me know. Thanks in advance!



FACTS AND FIGURES:

  • Name: TOYOTA 2000GT “LAST 2000GT” (No. 5)
  • Scale: 1:60
  • Year: 1974
  • Company: Tomica (Japan)
  • Size: approx. 6 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment